This month’s Consultant Insights was written by Jim Iyoob, EVP, Customer Experience & Operational Excellence at Etech Global Services.
Businesses can empower social media agents with integrated live chat strategies, such as not waiting for a visitor to start a live chat with them. Just as employees greet in-store guests, live chat reps should monitor website visitors and initiate a discussion. The ideal opportunity to start a live chat is when you already know you have the visitor’s attention. A good place to begin is with visitors who are:
- Scanning through your pricing page
- Spending more than five minutes actively browsing your site
- On the checkout page but are not completing the purchase
You can be reasonably confident that if a customer is doing any of these, they are gathering more information or considering a purchase. Live chat service and social media are beneficial to conversion.
The Value of Live Chat Service on Social Media
A top reason buyers abandon their shopping carts is complications and confusions that occur right before the purchase. If a live chat agent is present to address concerns or questions during this crucial time, you will be able to boost conversion rates. Companies that consider live chat as simply another channel on which they must be quietly present miss out on three crucial elements:
- Evolving into a reliable supplier of knowledge
- Sales possibilities from engaging in multiple conversations
- Essential data that could enhance your messaging or products
For live chat to be a worthwhile investment, you must actively monitor visitors, reach out, and connect them with the information you already have available.
Bottom line benefits
Active social media and online marketing campaigns require a two-way dialogue instead of a one-way transaction. Supplementing social media, online advertising, and email with live chat makes your efforts more personal, interactive, and profitable. The bottom line benefits of live chat service and social media include:
- Take customer engagement to the next level with fast, direct conversations with employees on the online platform being used
- Make your online advertising interactive by attaching an opportunity to chat with your sales team directly
- Attach live chat ability to your Facebook page, blog, LinkedIn profile, or another favorite type of social media
- Convert conventional one-way marketing blitzes into interactive discussions by leveraging social media
- Boost email response by embedding click-to-chat capability
Now you can reach out to customers where they are most likely to be online. Supplementing your social media, email, and online advertising with live chat increases the capability of chat beyond your website to boost online sales, reduce customer service costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
Supplying Relevant Information
Adding a unique text link or creating a graphic invites readers to live chat with employees. Customer service is all about convenience and being helped in real-time as quickly as possible. In a race with your competition, the business that provides reliable, relevant, accurate data in the appropriate method at the right time will be successful. Your company can make the most of live chat by using a multi-channel platform approach that is interactive and personal. Embedding live chat capacity on your various online platforms engages industry analysts, the media, and new prospects.
About EPIC Connections
Founded in 2003, EPIC Connections, Inc. is a global professional services company, and veteran owned business, focused on improving call center performance and the customer experience. Whether it be Consulting, Outsourcing or Application & Process Management, EPIC’s experienced team of contact center professionals offers tailored solutions for organizations of all sizes and complexity.